Friday, August 29, 2008

Ramadhan and memories

There you go. I have done the labelling to sort my posting. The topics are not really as labelled but can be grouped together as such, So i guess, it makes things more organized.

I wish everybody a good weekend. And to muslims selamat berpuasa, this is the month for new resolutions, to be a better person, richer in qualities and quantities, and enjoy the month of Ramadhan as family as it is only once a year.

I can't wait to start as Ramadhan always brings new meanings to me. I have years of memories of Ramadhan backdated to childhood years as early as I can remember. The memories as children. Learning to fast, the cheating, the water we drank after playing because we forgot, the times mom and dad had diffidulty to wake us up for sahur because we were too sleepy, the time I cannot wait to buka puasa and counting down the minutes, the gathering of families during breaking fast everyday for the whole month, the nightly terawih at surau, the excitement of baju raya and shoe shopping, the verses of niat puasa and doa bukak puasa my father taught us, the cookies we helped mom to bake and how i counted how many my mom prepared for the Raya that year.

Those were memories from childhood. and I am still making memories and remembering all the Ramadhans. May God make me a better person.