Friday, August 22, 2008

Growing Older Gracefully

While I was walking in the KLCC with my friend after having lunch, I bumped into a couple of women I used to work with a few years ago. So we were like excited to see each other, and went to the usual hi, how are you, nice to see you and all that. Then they exclaimed to my delight that I look slim now and so stylish, and whats your secret and so on, which sort of made me very happy off course. Complements coming are very rare as I grow older and dah beranak pinak and especially coming from women are even more uncommon. So when I get these complements, it actually really made me pleased. I was widely smiling ear to ear. I must be looking very foolish and perasan habis-habisan !

Actually when I first met them I was a day away from my due date. Then the next few years working with them, I was either pregnant or just delivered or getting pregnant again. So for three or so continuous years I was just like perpetually looked pregnant. Bloating with water retention, nursing babies, etc. Then I got pregnant twice again which ended in miscarriages and D&Cs.

Now my youngest Emir is going three this year end and I have slowly lost all the previous pregnancy weight. But Ive still got some hated handles around my waist to lose, which bulge out when I sit down. Not so comfortable or pleasant to look see. Anyway I could put on the old shirts back and buy new nicer ones. I like putting on nice outfits and still look good. So that my children will remember me in a nice way. Well, I really want to grow old gracefully.