Monday, August 11, 2008

Overloaded




I was so exhausted. My time was activity-packed since Thursday. The Friday night I had the dreaded bowling. We had three rounds each person. The first game was terrible but then I caught up so the overall performance was considerably okay considering the nil practice. But I ached all over my body as a result of exerting myself. I decided no more bowlings for me in the future.

On the following Saturday morning, we got up early to attend the family day at Bukit Kiara which was the company event for families. It was a fun morning and my kids enjoyed the petting zoo and the games. It was also tiring for me because Emir wanted to be carried all the times. He was a little bit nervous seeing so many people around. We stayed there for a couple of hours. It was getting warm as well. So we left and sent my kids to the drama class in the afternoon. By this time I felt like a walking zombie already. My kids seemed to still look energetic.

Later that evening we were supposed to attend a wedding function at the Crowne Plaze. I quickly cooked for the kids dinner and then had a shower, had my hair done and changed to my old kebaya. Still fit. Got the selendang. Looked in the mirror, hmmm like Mak Datin... Okay lah.

Finally we departed leaving the kids with the maid and prayed that they would be safe. The wedding was good. The food was brilliant. Very young bride and briddegroom. May they have good long lasting marriage. Met lots of old friends. Finally left for home. After reaching home before midnight, I found the kids were already asleep. I was so relieved I could go to bed straight away. I was dead tired by this time. I couldn't move a joint without feeling sore on the muscle.
On Sunday morning I had a masseuse come to my house and had that much needed body massage. Oh ! The activity was not finished yet by then. My husband had a few friends over during lunch time. Finally at 3 pm I had the much sought slumber and finished off the weekend watching the Olympics on TV.