Thursday, August 14, 2008

Emir


Emir came back from the nursery yesterday with a big sore bump on the left side of his head. When I touched it, he cringed and said Ouch! He didn't want me to touch the spot. When I forced an inspection I saw it was red and swollen. How he got this? According to them, he was crying and bang his head on the floor. Knowing his energy it must have been a strong thud on the floor. I was concerned because its on the head. Last time, on the eve of HariRaya he had fractured his elbow while playing. When we reached home, I tried to put ice on the bump but he didnt let me. In the morning I put the minyak gamat. Emir, Emir! Hes so hyperactive like any growing up healthy boy. I can get so worried about him sometimes.

Hes not 3 yet , but hes so active and hes so bright. I sent Fatini to the Furqan class on Monday and Tuesday night. At first Emir came along and not supposed to join. But he went to the class and started reading after the teacher. I decided to enroll him. And now after only four weeks Emir can recognize and read the syllables already. I normally will sit outside the class just out of their view and I could hear his soft voice reading in front of the teacher. Thats my boy! My Ustaz!