Friday, August 15, 2008

A Pair of Everything

I went out to lunch today. I saw that I got no cash so I went to the ATM machine. Nearby was a ToysRus. Well, I haven’t been in one for quite some time. So I decided to just pop in. What’s supposed to be a pop in became an hour long of tour of round and round. As usual I like looking at the toys and will always be tempted to buy for my kids.

When I buy anything for my kids, it must be in pair of something that is quite similar but maybe differentiated by gender or colour. If I buy for one and not the other, the one without will always turned their face to me and ask repeatedly “ Me, what about me….? “ in their soft , disgruntled voice and in Emir’s case with both palms turned out like in the Indian movie. This episode always made me laugh and felt a little regret. Even when I reflected on it, It always brought smile to my lips. If I bought them different set of toys so that they can exchange, it always happened they will both like the same toy and rejected the other, which caused a fight. So I always buy two, therefore, the toys must not be too expensive.

“So today my darlings Mom felt like spoiling you and will surprise you with a big car each for you when I pick you up later.” I am sure they would be so happy.