Monday, August 4, 2008

Nervous about bowling



I have a bowling match this Friday. It is the company inter-department sports competition. I am not a sportswoman. I bowl once in 4 years maybe. Since there are not enough people to represent my Project department, so I said yes to the invitation. It’s not an individual bowling. If it is i wouldn't be worried. It’s a group bowling whereby the points from each person in a group of four will be added up to determine the winner. That’s what made me nervous. I don’t want to become the geek who brings the downfall to the group. To make it worse, the Director is in my bowling group.

I really depend on luck in this game. I don’t know the techniques. I pray every time I want to throw the bowling ball. Please, please, please… let me strike …. at least one pin ...

Well, since I don’t have the time to practice, I thought at least I should know some theories with regard to this game. Theory that I try to remember

1. step forward with right foot, swing the ball like a pendulum
2. extend left hand out for balancing
3. swing ball behind as far as it can go, elbow straight
4. bent left knee, slide forward, roll the ball off the hand
5. after the ball is released continue swing the arm forward

Hope I will live to tell the tales ….