Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New dictionary

Since this year Emir has been picking up lots of words and started to talk. He’s also been copying words and sentences from Fatini. When they argued, whatever Fatini said he would repeat the same to Fatini’s agitation offcourse who then started the “ Don’t copy me!” And Emir would repeat that “ Don’t copy me!” too!

However he mispronounced most words he talks (very pelat). Due to daily interaction, I can understand most of what he means. However poor daddy can’t and was most of the time at a lost. It’s very frustrating to Emir if I give wrong response to his sentences. Like when he asked me where’s his particular toy and me because I couldn’t get it, answered “okay…” it gets him frustrated. So when I have such difficulties I would ask Fatini who obviously to my surprise understands completely Emir’s language and thus become my official translator. Like last night, I really couldn’t make out what Emir was saying, and he started to cry out of frustration so I asked Fatini, What does Emir want kakak? And without raising her head from whatever she was doing, just translated it to me. I felt it was so amazing the relationship between these two children. However it’s such a joy to listen to Emir’s speech and trying to make the meaning out of it.

Emir’s language dictionary.

    Me In Panh !– Me in front!

    Mommy ! Toe! Toe! Toe! – Mommy ! Go ! Go ! Go1

    Mommy tan up – Mommy stand up

    Tatiu mommy – Thank you mommy

    E chioe me – Excuse me

    Tatini’s cheeping – Fatini’s sleeping

    Where’s Tatak – Where’s Kakak?

    Me pirst! – Me first!

    I want ching he te we – I want to sing Heal The World

    I want to toe tamachass - I want to go to drama class

    I want to pay icle – I want to play bicycle

    Where my tototobike – Where’s my motorbike

    Ottomannn – Ultraman, Spiderman, Superman, ironman

    No need cit bek – No need seat belt

    I cit ire – I’ll sit here

    One two tee pour pie chic ceven eight nine ten – one two three four five six seven eight nine ten

    Loochame ..! Loochame….! – look at me …! look at me …!

    ayopane - aeroplane

    choo choo tain – choo choo train

    boo, yeyow , yed, oyange – blue, yellow, red, orange