Friday, August 1, 2008

Heal the world

This morning as I was driving to work and as my car crawled along Jalan Tun Razak in front of the PNB/TH building at its most busy period (peak hour) I looked at the road side at the people. I saw people were walking hastily to work. A few construction workers started to go inside the construction area nearby.

Then in the midst of the hectic situation I saw a man.

He was bending over the rubbish bin lcoated on the roadside. By the way his clothing looked, I assume he's homeless or very very poor. He was dirty and unkempt. I saw him taking a bottle out. Put it down on the ground. Then continued searching. Searching either for something to sell or something to eat. I was thinking , he's some body's father, or some body's son. Tears welled in my eyes.

He's still dignified. Oblivious to people around him. Not caring for people looking. Why should he? He's not a thief!

How come he's not given any help or taken to shelter? It's so sad to see people can be so poor still exist in this city.

I was given this song to practise with my children in preparation for their year end concert. The message is clear if you care enough.


There's a place in your heart
And I know that it is love
And this place could be much Brighter than tomorrow.
And if you really try You'll find there's no need to cry
In this place you'll feel There's no hurt or sorrow.
There are ways to get there
If you care enough for the living
Make a little space, make a better place.

Heal the world
Make it a better place
For you and for me and the entire human race
There are people dying
If you care enough for the living
Make a better place for You and for me

(Song by MJ)