Thursday, August 7, 2008

A treat for me


Today I went to KLCC during lunch. Despite an invitation to join my friends for lunch, I turned it down, prefer to go for a quick shopping. Since I am in the process of changing out my wardrobe, I decided to go to the second floor where the ladies boutiques are. I went into one after another. It is the sale time. Despite the sales of 50%-70% offer, the clothes are still too expensive. Normally I won’t go to the sales rack. See, the sales people are always scrutinizing whether you are worth to be served. (Yes, I still sense that state of mind when I go into certain shops.) I will just go to any rack (berlagak kaya sikit) and check the original price. If more than RM1200.00 per piece even if the clothes are 70%, I still won’t bother to check any further. Normally they don’t give 70% to the nice outfits only the left over ones which could not be sold due to odd size or something.

I don’t know how, but somehow I got myself into this particular boutique. There were 50-60% sales. I decided to just browse through the rack and found the original price per shirt is mostly below RM700. So 50% will be RM350 or mostly the price will range from RM300-500 after sales. That’s acceptable to me as long as they look good on me and the quality is long lasting.

Some of the fashion design was quite funny, which at my age I wouldn’t put on (people would laugh at me if they see me wearing those). It’s like a hole here and a hole there. I didn’t even know which are the sleeves to insert my hands into. Anyway I picked up a few decent looking ones, checked the prices whether they are within my budget and went into the fitting room. When I tried them on, most of the shirts I picked fit me nicely. I don’t know whether the mirror there was doing tricks on me. You know la sometimes you try the shirts at the shop, they look fine but when you finally put it on at home, they don’t look so good anymore. This happened to my dinner dress last time. Anyway I found some of these shirts really fit me well. And size S at that. It couldn’t be true but the sales person said the size is ok. Well maybe it was the cut. What I like most is that I think the shirt design makes me look slimmer.

The boutique owner was so happy with me when I decided to buy a few. Chit chat with me la…get my phone number for future updates on the latest collection etc etc. I managed to come out of the boutique smiling carrying my shopping bag minus some $$$$.