Thursday, July 24, 2008

Why oh why ...

My daughter is very sweet but sometimes she likes to whine and whine which sometimes makes my blood soars to another degree. So last night she whined again about her Princess Sticker Book which she had misplaced. Asked me to look for it. It’s been two days since she has missed the book. I tried to be patient and asked her where she has put the book, off course she didn’t know where and her expectation was I should look for it. So I looked for the book again. Okay, but the whining progressing to crying and was starting to drive me up the wall. That’s when I raised my voice and told her off. My reaction stunned her to silence which immediately followed by waves of my own regrets and guilt. Why did I do that? Why can’t I just bear and go through the whining until it disappeared by itself. It won’t be long. How long can she cry? Two minutes after she said happily” it’s okay mommy, now I remember it’s in daddy’s car”. I wished I hadn’t scolded her.