Monday, July 28, 2008

How time flies

Absent minded or just old age cathcing up? I brought the wrong handbag to work today, therefore left all the usual junk at home. And I missed my junk. Luckiy the purse and the handphone was not in the other bag.

I am always guilty of being absent minded. Always thinking of what to do next or otherwise think about the past events. So my mind is always busy but not on the present matter (except when i am working offcourse). Actually it's a time that flies by unnoticed. It's too late when suddenly you noticed hours have gone by, or "what! it's friday already. So fast!"

I have read somewhere that if you caught youself being absent minded, try to focus on your breathing for a while, it will bring you back to the present time which is the real time. So i try to follow that advice even though it sounds foolish. It's especially important when dealing with your kids. Because you want to give 100% attention to your kids when they are communicating with you. Not to pretend to listen to them but your mind is busy plotting and planning something else to do or to say. (I am always guilty of that too.)

I called my mom yesterday and she told me my brother was going back to his "desert" already. What? Is it 2 weeks already since he arrived home. I didn't even manage to ask him to come by for dinner. Well, bro, next time ok? See how time flies...?