Monday, July 7, 2008

my thoughts today

Lots of people I know ignore their health even though they are saying otherwise. Maybe taking for granted that bad things won’t happen (God forbids) or assuming we are going to live and be young forever. I looked at it different ways. I pray everyday that I and hubby are given good health so that we can raise our children until they reach full age. I fear to think that my children are raised by people who don’t love them. I fear to think their feelings are hurt by people who claim to be families. I fear for the effect on their self confidence and self esteem. Children’s feelings are so fragile. What can equate real parents love when we are not around?

I as a parent have the responsibilities not only to feed and care for my small children but also to make sure that I am there when they need me. Without health how can I be sure I will be there when they need me? How can I be sure I am healthy and strong enough to be there when they need me?
When health deteriotates, so will also the fun, wealth and sharing time with families.

And most of all children have feelings and these feelings are so fragile as they are still very young. I can see it in my children’s eyes. Their feelings are mirrored in their eyeys. When I am sick, they will worry and feel insecure and unsure yet they will not know how to express those feelings. As an adult, I have friends to talk to and spill my heart or I can write things down but not these children. Feelings kept inside will affect them. I don’t want my children to spend their young life worrying and feeling insecure.

So I want to lead a healthy life. Good nutritions, physical movement, enough rest and sufficient sleep. I have to be very firm of what I should not eat or take as I believe food has both sides of good and evil. I love my family too much not to ignore these health issues. I know sometimes I keep on telling ourselves that I am leading a healthy life but some times these are empty affirmations just to make myself feeling better or I am in a state of denial. I told myself If I don’t love myself enough, I love my children enough to motivate me to do it.