Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hope to see her again

Yesterday after a couple of phone calls I finally met up with my long lost friend Aida. She resides in the UK having a family there and was only in KL for 2 days to meet up friends before visiting her folks in Johor. The last time I saw her was in the UK back in 1997 when I visited her family in Durham UK.
Her husband and kids were also there yesterday but gave her and myself time alone to catch up. We talked for more than 3 hours, moving from one café to another. There was so much to talk about, our families, kids, mutual friends etc.
She was still the same, honest, down to earth and happy to meet. We talked about old times too and laughed to tears when reflecting how innocent and foolish we were back when we were 17 going to 18. That was when I first met her and other friends. We were doing our intensive English course and then proceeded to do A level.
We were very close back then and the feelings of closeness were still there even though we have parted ways and only met again after so many years. Some people changed but obviously our friendship was good and nothing has changed.
When it was time to bid farewell we could not help but shed tears and wondered when we would meet again. She promised to allocate more time in Malaysia next time so that she can meet my family. Well maybe another few years. I hope so.