Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wrong timing

People say

1. what will go wrong, will go wrong or something to that effect!
2. if something is to go wrong, it will go wrong at the wrong time

So it was destined that last night had something like that in store for me. I had a flat tyre in the middle of the highway. The highway was jammed due to the football match between Malaysia and Chelsea which was to happen at the time at the Shah Alam Stadium. My husband was outstation. It was getting dark. I had my two kids with me. One was sleeping (thank God) the other was crying. I was feeling a bit scared, especially for the kids.

I called AAM (the emergency assist) which arrived 2 hours after I called. I called my sister in law, thanks Intan, who offered to come and take the kids home. I called my husband and made him feel guilty for being away.

Finally I managed to get home at 9.40 pm to see the kids were happily playing with their cousins and my sis in law engrossed in the Malay drama on TV.

What a night!