Thursday, July 17, 2008

Books



I have been planning to set up a small library for my children at home. My idea is to expose them to the world of story books and also to teach them how to care for books.
I went to Konikuniya at KLCC yesterday and looked out for children's book. My, they were so expensive, one book ranges between RM50 to RM70. I thought that was too expensive. I didn't buy any. This quite disheartened me and spoiled my plan.
On the way home I stopped at a book shop in Giant Shah Alam and bought 3 little story books costing about RM8 per book but these were with the soft cover which could easily be torn.
Anyway today I went to Fatini's school for Parent Teacher meet. There were some books being sold in front of the classes. To my delight, the books are good quality books, hard cover and they cost from RM10 to RM25 each. At RM10 and RM16 each, I ended spending total RM120, that was after discount, and brought home quite a number of books as seen in pictures.