Friday, September 12, 2008

Sweets, so sweet...

<<12092008442.jpg>>

When I picked the children up in the evening, they would nicely go into my car, buckled up in their car seat and everything was smooth and easy. Until I started to drive away then Fatini will start asking me. Its the same story everyday with differing scenarios.

Scenario 1, Mommy bought sweets during her lunch break

Fatini (F): Mommy did you buy anything for me?

Mommy (M): Yes I did

F: Wow, is that sweets?

M: Yes it is!

She would shriek with happiness and joy. The journey will then be a peaceful one for me as she munched the sweets throughout the journey till we reached home. Lega .

Scenario 2, Mommy thought sweets are not good for her to eat everyday, so decided for other things like biscuit

F: Mommy did you buy anything for me

M: Yes I did

F: Wow, is that sweets

M: No

F: What is it?

M: Here! I bought you nice biscuits, very yummy!

F: (started crying) I dont want biscuit

M: what do you want then?

F: I want sweets

M; Sweets are not good to eat everyday

F: No, Mommy sweets are good. I want you to stop somewhere to buy sweets

M: No. I want to go home, I cannot stop anywhere

She would whine and cry throughout the journey home. Nightmare!

Scenario 3, Mommy bought sweets, but trying to test the water

F: Mommy did you buy anything for me

M: No (ajah je)

F: Awww, I want sweets (started to cry)

M: Are you going to cry Fatini?

F: I want sweets (crying louder), I like sweets

M: Okay here for you sweetsare you happy now?

F: (stopped crying and suddenly happy) Wow mommy you bought sweets why did you tell me you did not ?

Journey home thereafter was nothing but peace.

Scenario 4: Mommy forgot to buy anything

F: Mommy did you buy anything for me

M: Oh Kakak Mommy forgot . Im sorry

F: (Started crying) Why didnt you buy something for me?

(The rest same as scenario 2) Nightmare, Nightmare.

In all the scenarios, Emir was happy, just the MommyI want milk.

Yesterday while I was at the KLCC, I wanted to indulge her because the previous day we were on Scenario 4 (I didnt buy anything), So I bought some kids drinks, biscuits and some sweets (Fruitella)

Scenario 1 started.

Then I said

M: Fatini, dont finish the sweets because Im not going to buy anymore tomorrow. I cannot go to the shop everyday, you know. Mommy is busy (yalah busy shopping)

F: Okay Mommy. (Good mood) I wont finish them all. You cannot go to the shop everyday

M: Okay, keep some sweets in the bag for tomorrow

F: ok (and put the remaining sweets in the bag)

Last night at home.

M: Kakak, did you put away the sweets in the bag ? (I shouldnt have asked)

F: I put in the bag (but she went to get the sweets from the bag, then started eating them)

M: Fatini, if you finish the sweets, you are going to have none tomorrow, because mommy am not going to buy anymore

F: You can go to the shop tomorrow mommy

M; I told you in the car today  I wont buy anymore sweets tomorrow

F: (seems to still remember) Its okay Mommy, you dont have to buy sweets tomorrow, you cannot buy sweets everyday but you buy something else

??@#$? Anak perempuan aku sorang ni Sigh ..