Thursday, September 11, 2008

Internal monologue at KLCC

<<Shopping.jpg>>

Oops!... I did it again.( You may hum the tune from the Britney Spears song). Yeah, I did it again. The instantaneous shopping spree. Unable to stop myself. Evaluating between necessity and extravagance. It went something like this.

(In one shop at KLCC.)

 Do I need this t-shirt costing me RM93? So expensive but, Yes I do! I havent got a nice t-shirt for years. Anyway, this t-shirt got cartoon image on it so this is like getting down to the same ground level as the kids. To be their friends. That will be useful. They will be happy to see me wearing this shirt. Okay Ill take this t-shirt.

Uh! Look there! Theres 20% discount of that top if I buy two of them. This is good offer. Hmm, nice shirts, and I could wear these when we go out weekends because they are casual. I dont have that kind of shirts yet. All my shirts are too flashy for casual wear. All the others are worn out. Yes, this was necessary. So there you go again, another two shirts.

Wo! See these. This was what I have been delayed in buying. New knickers! Buy two get 20% discounts also. Buy four then. Okay enough from this shop. Lets move on.

(Stepped, stepped, wandered, wandered and then .)

I never checked out this shop. It looks nice. Lets go in. Hmmm .What do we have here? Uhhh, nice nighties. I really need them.  Actually I need those three quarter pants. I could wear them with any shirt. And they have offer as well. Buy 1 RM83, buy 2 Ill get RM129. Ill take two please.

So there you go,  I spent in one lunch break RM400+ on myself alone. Luckily its not more. Is it necessary? Is it not? It depends isnt it? I have lots of reasons why I think those are necessary buys. To think it another way, I could live without them. Ohh, never mind, I bought them already.