Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ramadhan and HariRaya - what's up?

It is the 16th day of puasa. So far I have been cooking everyday (thank you, thank you for any compliment! Perasan lagi. ). We have not eaten out or bought any food from the Ramadhan Bazaar. Everyday I have to come out with ideas of the evening menu. As soon as I reached home I would rush to prepare for my cooking. Its a bit of a sprint but its not difficult for me. I love doing those cooking since my husband shares the meals everyday at home and as long as theres somebody else (the maid lah) doing the cleaning afterwards.

Yesterday I got back home a little late and upon arriving home Emir having just woken up from his nap was cranky and refused to separate from me. So I had no choice, due to this emergency situation, I had to bring him into the kitchen, my left hand carrying him on my hip and my right hand doing the cooking and stirring. Luckily I am not Britney Spears or I would lose child custody for cooking with a child in the arm.

I heard that the food sold at the Bazaar is very expensive, I am glad I don’t contribute to the demand on the cooked food at the Bazaar. The break fast meals or buffet offered outside at many restaurants and hotels are also way very expensive. We managed to say NO! to the food extravaganza. We save the money to buy clothes for Baju Raya instead. Thats why I can spend more on Baju Raya than you guys, just kiddingSave here, spend there ;-)

This year, Hari Raya will be spent at my in-laws up north. My sister in law is getting married right after Hariraya (why choose HariRaya for wedding, dont ask me) so I will stay there for a few days. Therefore I will not be able to spend the HariRaya with my parents and siblings especially with my two brothers as they will be leaving Malaysia a few days after HariRaya. Its very difficult to have a full get together with my siblings during Hariraya or at any times for that matter. Somebody is always not there. This year when they all will be at my parents, its me who wont be there. Hmmm, I miss the get together. I really love it when everybody can be home at the same time. My parents would be so happy.

This weekend I will be visiting my parents to spend the buka puasa with them and trying to make up for my upcoming absence. Hopefully I will also see my siblings there.