Monday, September 8, 2008

I'm a woman

<<woman.jpg>>

Its the 8th day of fasting. I think I have lost 1 kg. Not bad. Maybe half of it was water but I try to drink as much water as possible during the night. I am not really a fan of drinking water but I tried, but how much could I swallow over a few hours anyway? I took vitamin pills and recently started on Calcium as well (doctors advice).  To add to that yesterday I started on the jamu just to give it a try. If it works Ill let you know (wink).

I am not sure I eat more or less compared to normal days. But certainly nothing special or extraordinary. I cooked more than normal just to celebrate this month but I kept my eating as normal. I really want to use this month to take away a net 2 kg, and that is after expected additions of a couple of kilos during Raya festival. Then I will maintain. Well, thats the plan anyway.

Talking about body and weight, I had always been very slim before I gave birth to my children. During the 1st pregnancy my weight increased rapidly. After birth, I tried to reduce the weight, however half way I got pregnant with Emir. Emir was born at 3.93 kg, so you can imagine how big my body was at the time. The weight kept on increasing during the pregnancy and come a point I didnt want to see the scale anymore. Its that scary.

So a few months after the 2nd delivery I went to a strict exercise regime complete with personal trainer but without cutting food, to the trainer chagrin, and I managed to get slim again with lots of help and reprimand from him. When I stop training,  I got pregnant twice again which ended in miscarriages but my body really took advantage of the situation and my weight sort of go up and down and up a couple of kilos. I have been trying to get rid of that since then. I couldnt spend time on the exercise regime anymore due to hectic working schedule (standard excuses) so maintaining active and keep aware of food intake is my only strategy. I was planning to start doing crunches at home as well but every time I started on it, Emir and Fatini would rush to sit on my tummy. That’s too heavy weight! That always put a stop to my effort. Ill try again though.

I dont want to be too thin but I’d like to look slim and healthy. I hope Ill make it.