Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Where's your sweet pout today?

<<lip.bmp>>

This morning while putting on my lipstick (as usual I put my lipstick in the car parked in the basement), the lipstick broke (how come? Fatini, Emir did you play with mommys lipstick last night????). The lipstick fell and nicely rolled on my very white shirt ( I’m wearing all white, white shirt, white pants, white shoes today). This left a red mark on my white shirt! Heaven ! I dont know whether it will take off when I clean it later. In fact as soon as I arrived at the office I spent 15 minutes in the bathroom trying to wash off the lipstick mark with no success and instead the shirt front was soaked wet. Luckily the material is cotton which dried up fast. This was how my morning today at the office started.

Back to lipstick Well it seems that the time to buy a new lipstick has arrived.  I have been thinking lately that out of all the lipsticks in my possession, I hardly used any except for the pale mauve color which I bought from Bodyshop. This seemed to be my favourite but it broke without me finishing it. It was too soft I guess. Now I have to find a new one. I have another pinkish color from Benefits but I dont like the smell or the feel on my lips.

Lipstick is something I always put on before I go out or to work. I think it gives radiance to my face and/or confidence to my soul when facing with outside world. Thanks to this invention (who invented it anyway?). I dont have any special technique to share on how to change the way your lips look. I just apply it primarily to give colour. I think my lips shape are just fine, if I try to change it, it will appear horrendous (think of Micahel Jackson) so better just leave it alone.

Lipstick no matter of what type can cause dryness on the lips so once in a while I would apply a lip balm which will sooth the skin on the lips. I also used lip pencil , actually I am not sure what it does, but that is the professional advice, so I think they know better ;-)

For night functions I would put a brighter colour. As everybody may have known already, it brings out the color under the artificial lights.  I have one very red lipstick I bought from Givenchy. Since I hardly ever used it, I am not even sure where I have been keeping it. I wont wear this colour during the day though.

And thinking about the Raya coming next week, I really need to find another replacement for my favourite soft lipstick colour.