Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My stop at Bukit Merah Laketown

I was just back from my in laws in Kedah last night. We decided to visit them for the weekend as my in-laws like my parents are growing into their old age. Even though they are quite some distance away and the journey was normally quite tiring we made sure we went home at least once in 2-2.5 month.
Yesterday we decided to come back during the daylight so that we could stop here and there and not feel too stressed to reach home as we normally did when we travelled at night. On the way I saw the billboard on the Bukit Merah Laketown resort. I have never been there. So I asked my husband whether we could have a stop and see and he agreed. So we went to the Laketown which was a short journey uphill and arrived at the Bukit Merah Lake. There was the waterpark which we did not enter. So we lingered at the lakeside area and entertainment park. Fatini and Emir had a couple of bumper car rides and had a go at the machines which simulated the car racing. Fatini gambled at the ring throwing and got a key chain and a dinosaur card. Then we had a hi-tea at the restaurant by the lake. After two hours spending time there, we resumed our journey. I think the Lake town area could be developed further as it is still a bit crampy, stuffy and small. But there were quite a lot of local visitors. The restaurant we had hi-tea did not serve too many varieties of food but the charge was cheap at rm18 per head. And there was this shop called fish spa where you can soak your feet inside the pond and the fish will feed on your skin cells. I was not that interested to try.
Meanwhile we were still a distance away from KL.
And we arrived KL at around 8.30pm and decided to have a go at the Japanese restaurant before going home as Fatini told us her tummy was asking for Japanese food. We finally reached home at 10 pm.