Friday, December 12, 2008

Island Vacation

Today is going to be my last day at work, no, not for my entire life, just for this year 2008. Ill be taking 3 weeks off work without pay (L) starting tomorrow to spend time with my family (J). Thinking about the no-pay holiday especially during this economic crisis time may stir me a bit but come to think about it money is not everything (keep chanting that a few times and it will finally sink in, just kidding.).the kids are growing up fast, and I need time together with my husband as well.

I have been extremely busy for the past 3-4 weeks. With lots of tasks at work to handle and address I almost cry of out frustration. Sometimes I feel like I am up to the nose already. I finally put a stop to any more task today and whatever defined as urgent matters by others I will handle only after new year.  Hey! I need a break, you know. Its been a long time since I had my real holiday. I am near to turning into a nervous wreck reaching the end of the year.

I am so looking forward to tomorrow when well be flying to Langkawi to spend a week or so there. Fatini and Emir are both excited to be on the plane. I am already filled with happiness and euphoria in anticipation to the holiday time. I really hope we will have a really relaxing good time over there. Well be staying at two hotels, 3 nights at Andaman Langkawi and 4 nights at Holiday Villa Langkawi. I will certainly try to wind down and relax as much as possible.

 

This week after coming back from Melaka, I have been collecting things to pack. Its not finished yet and I still have tonight and tomorrow morning. The most important things will be the crucial items for the kids like sun protection lotion, dark glasses, mosquito bites cream, some medicine in case they are sick and entertainment like books and toys. Hopefully it wont turn into big baggages. Oh, I need to bring my lap top as well.

I hope me, husband and kids will have the needed break and enjoy our vacation. After the holiday in Langkawi, I will spend another two weeks at home trying the housewife role. Who knows, if I like it, it maybe an option some day. I already have plans of activities that I will do to keep the kids entertained. Just maybe I would plan and belanja my family out of town during the weekend or on the new year.