Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Monday and HariRaya










Monday was Hariraya Haji. As usual mak and my sisters were busy in the kitchen. Me, out of upbringing (hehehe), don't want to spoil the broth left all the cooking matters to them. Same goes for my SIL (mak lang) who sent her delegate to the kitchen (maid). My other SIL (mak teh) is the one who will never miss the kitchen if she's around, but she was not around during the Raya because my other brother has not arrived Malaysia yet.

As usual, there were lots of food. My bad habit is when there are lots of food especially if they are prepared by either my mum or mother in law, I would forget myself and really gobble up all the food. So in you go all the ketupat nasi, ketupat Cang, rendang, prawn sambal, lodeh and whatever all day long. I could easily put on 2 or 3 kg over the weekend. Hmmm, I really have to let go some meals today to compensate.

On Monday, my familes who made Qurban went to see the ritual. After Daddy brought Emir and Fatinito the mall and got birthday presents from Daddy. Emir is currently so besotted with Ben 10 so he got some more Ben 10 toys, and my... they were expensive, I won't buy them too often. Fatini was after a baby doll and water tumbler and she got them. I kept on telling her toys are so expensive hopefully she learn that sooner or later.

We left Melaka to go back home at about 5.30 pm and upon reaching the highway, it was so jammed with traffic we were crawling all the way to Nilai. Luckily once I entered the KLIA highway, the traffic was much less. Fatini slept throughout the journey. Emir who have slept earlier was wide awake but had been on a good behaviour. He slept when we almost arrived home. We arrived our house at about 9.30 pm. A two hour journey had doubled in time however the time spent with families made it worth the trouble.