Monday, December 15, 2008

Holiday of the mind

I was thinking how to make a holiday a real holiday. I know holiday means family time, a get away time. Away from norms. For me holiday is also a reward for our hard work and a special treat for the whole family. So it must be special. It must have memorable time, so we can think about it long after the holiday is over.

Some people really take their holiday seriously. They will save hard and plan for the holiday. Then during holiday time, they gave it all. They make the holiday as a reward for their hard work and make the holiday memorable and nice, comfortable and leisure.
On the other hand some people go to holiday with minds still busy on daily activities and some do not want to spend. They came back from holiday unfulfilled with good memories or as tired as they started.

So i treat this time as a payback for me and my family. The time i missed with my children, the day to day hours i punched at the office, the daily routine that was a busy as you may expect. It's not just "tukar angin", it is a treat and a memory creation.