Friday, November 28, 2008

Some lessons I learned

I have been so stressed out lately because of some pressing matters at work and also other issues. As a result, I was attacked by lethargy symptom and was like so tired and sleepy the whole time this week until yesterday. In fact I went to the clinic and found that my blood pressure is way above the normal reading. I was beginning to think whats wrong with me? Why do I develop this hypertension? I repeated the check the next day and luckily for me the blood pressure seemed to get back to normal.  But still I was feeling sleepy and heavy the whole time. Was I thinking or doing so much? Whats wrong with me?  All of a sudden it strike on me to leave some matters to God and asked for Him to guide me. I said I can’t cope alone by myself without his help. Then believe it without really realizing exactly when, I began to feel some burden being lifted off my shoulders.  I felt some degree of calmness returning as well as clearer frame of mind. What a relief that was! And I also began to restrict my coffee intake to once a day in the morning instead of 2 -3 cups a day. I drank juice instead and some herbal tea to get me going. I started again taking some vitamins which I have been slack about lately.

So last night, when normally by 10 pm I couldnt open my eyes and dozed off before the children, yesterday I felt okay. I had the usual reading lesson with Fatini (she can read simple sentences already, amazing progress from a good teacher (me J ) and I talked and entertained the children before they slept. I coped with the childrens behaviour better. I didnt feel sleepy and just okay.  In fact I got out of bed after the children sleep to settle some matters and then went back to sleep. I woke up before the alarm clock and felt good instead of drowsy.

Today I made sure I had only a cup of coffee and juices. Too much caffeine was probably contributing to my restlessness.

You know some times when you think something has gone wrong or hay wired in some aspects of your life, take a step backward and do the right thing. Leave some matters in Gods hand. We have to admit we have limitations and cant do everything right. But the most amazing thing of all is that when we leave the matters to God, it all turned out to be what we wanted. I couldnt wait for the weekend and especially I cant wait for my long holiday off work which is coming in two weeks time. Have a good weekend!