Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Oh my shirt!

I have a few silk shirts at home because I like wearing them. They are soft to the touch but they are really a headache to handle and wash because they are so delicate. I dont dry clean my shirts because firstly dry clean is expensive and secondly I feel like they are not really clean if I dont wash them with the traditional soap and water. Anyway I have tried washing my silk garments with water and soap and they are okay and not damaged.

Anyway, this morning I was wearing one shirt which I really like, one of my favourites. I rarely wore this shirt because I really dont like to stain it, knowing me I always drop something on the shirt. As in every morning because I was rushing to get out of the house before seven, I never put any make up. (So if you see somebody with a pale face driving in the morning, its me lah.) I only apply make up in the car at the basement parking at the office, its a bit dark but I have become quite an expert putting make up in the dark already. I dont really put much and my make-up application is speedy within a couple of minutes only. So this morning I was careful not to drop any blusher or lipstick on my shirt but the more careful I try, the more mistakes I made, as usual and I stained my shirt again with lipstick. Dont ask me how it happened. I just couldnt believe my luck. So I went upstairs and spent some times in the bathroom trying to wash off the stain with the hand liquid soap. I managed to reduce the stain but the red colour did not totally go away. I was wet but luckily the silk material dried off very fast.

Anyway, I have learnt some new tricks to share if you are ever as careless as me I sprinkled some talcum powder to remove oily stain from my baju kurung last time and then I washed it and the stain was gone. For lipstick stain like I had this morning, I put transparent tape on the remaining stain and pulled it off, the stain came off with the tape but some still remained (I should have done this before I washed the shirt but I had gone to the bathroom too soon) Then I got some baby powder from my friend and sprinkled some on my shirt, luckily my shirt is pale yellow in colour so you cant see the white powder and I have been told a toothpaste may be helpful and will try that tonight.