Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Self revamp

Sometimes I feel that I have too much to do and today was one of those times. I was busy with meetings at work today from morning to afternoon and I still have errands to do which I had not gotten done. I have a to-do list which is not so long but it would be if nothing much is being done. In the evening I have some chores that I would like to do at home too. It used to be that all these list of chores and thoughts of outstanding tasks are so overwhelming to me but now my attitude has gone into a slight revamp. I guess I self readjust to save myself from persistent frustration.

Actually I am beginning to get more organized at the office and particularly at home with regard to duties and things that need to be done on daily basis. At home, earlier I was at the initial stage of a new routine since having no live-in maid to order about. In the beginning it was quite hectic and overwhelming for me but mainly more out of confusion than anything else. But now since the new routine has begun to settle in I am more relax. The morning routine just requires my wakeup time to be reset to 15 minute earlier which is not bad at all and I can be out of the door to work before 7 am. I have also tuned in to my nightly routine and I still can cook simple dinner, spend some time reading to Fatini and playing with the kids and still can make it to bed by 11.30 pm. Off course the TV-watching hours is reduced significantly but that is not much of a loss to me. I have weekends where I spend the time more leisurely by watching TV, napping and outing.

I was a perfectionist, I was running around trying to do things to perfection but all it got me was more and more frustration. But now I am beginning to lower my expectations on my capability to do things within the restricted time. I have to be more tolerant that the house is not as shiny or as orderly as I would like it to be. I learn that its okay to procrastinate a little bit but not too much though. I am also more tolerant towards my toddler spilling juice into drawers or the floor now. And I am not too worried seeing my garden has strewn leaves from the neighbours plants. I also prioritize whats more important to me, so that I dont feel overpowered by the amount of work that I feel need to be done to perfection.

Yet dont get me wrong, I am still aiming for excellence in all that I do at home since home condition is so important to me. But I let go of my perfectionist attitude. I am learning to value my time and to enjoy my duties and role as the woman of the house.