Monday, November 10, 2008

A B C

<<abc.png>>

I think I am more busy than Fatini learning phonics and to become a good skilled teacher. I have been spending hours researching internets, browsing and bought books. I have downloaded some materials onto my handphone memory card and got some corrupted files which may corrupt my memory card.  I have been memorizing sound and letters and letter blends with this matured mind which is not so good at absorbing lessons anymore. (I wonder how the matured student study, must be so much more challenging!)

Fatini had been correcting me more than once. Every day and night since I started this, I have been spending a little time to read with her. She picked up fast enough and made me so proud being able to read a word here and a word there. I guess a mom must be the best teacher if only we could afford more time and energy not only to teach but also to learn first and do some research of what we are going to teach so that its easy on the children. Well, as I have let you know before I havent really mastered the skill of an educationer whos supposed to be slow and patient with the child.( Fatini, forgive mommy when I scolded you when you refused to do as I said and wanted to do what you wanted. )

Some good things that accompany this is that I was able to dedicate some time specially for her and she had cooperated well and eager to have the lesson. Shes a good daughter and a good student. The progress over the past few days has been impressive. I think my worry was unfounded but I will continue to read with her. Seeing Fatini with me, Emir has been trying to get involved learning as well. I guess it is a good thing but sometimes he wanted the attention over his sister during this time which made it difficult for me to get Fatinis attention. I didnt know being a teacher could be so much fun.