Thursday, January 29, 2009

Commuting

Yesterday evening, right at 5 pm (actually 5 minutes before 5pm) I left the office to travel back to Melaka to see my children there. From Jalan Tun Razak towards south I took the smart tunnel for the very first time all the way to Sg Besi. As usual I was quite nervous to try a new route. There was like 60 and 70 km/hr speed limit and the toll is RM2. I thought it was not bad. Some cars were speeding though which made me think about Lady Dianas accident in a tunnel in France. Scary!!! Anyway good for me the journey to Melaka was easy and I had a smooth ride all the way with an exception of a minor jam due to an accident on the opposite side of the highway. Like normal, one side accident, the other side will also be affected due to keen spectators. There were rains as well but affecting only certain stretches of the highway.

I reached my moms house before 7 pm, and I saw my kids playing outside with my mom observing them. Emir saw me and immediately grinned from ear to ear and ran to hug me. His first words just before he hugged me were wheres papa? since my husband stayed back in KL to sort out some personal business. Emir hugged me so many times like he missed me so much. He is so expressive and open with his happiness and emotions. Fatini who was more reserved kept a somber face upon seeing me I guess between relief and unsure emotions. Kesian my kids This is the first time I left them at the kampong while I go to work. They did not know what to expect even though they are being taken care by the child care center practically since there were born, the deviations from routine event may have caused some anxiety especially in Emir who still cannot understand. The report given to me is that when the mommy is not around they turned into well behaved kids and very easy to manage and care for. My mom and niece who were looking after them were expecting a hectic day with the kids but it turned out so fine.

I had a home cooked dinner prepared by mom last night. How I wish it could be like this every night. Coming home, well cooked dinner ready, and nothing else but relax until bed time. Heavenly!!

This morning I left the house at 6.15 am approx while my children were still sleeping. The morning journey was so nice and spiritual. Calm, cool, dark and very2 quiet. I didnt switch on the radio as not to spoil the calming experience. I reached KL quite early. Anyway as I drove nearing the office building on Jalan Tun Razak I heard loud angry voices which attracted my attention. When I turned to see, it was a motorcyclist screaming and scolding angrily while pointing fingers at another motorcyclist. They are riding quite close to each other. The guy looked really angry. Luckily the one being screamed at kept quite (at least as seen from the back). I was wondering what tipped the motorcyclist to become so angry. I am glad I am not the receiving end of the early morning wrath to start the day. I arrived at the office safe and sound and early and as usual started the day with a mug of hot brewed office coffee.