Thursday, January 1, 2009

So the year ended ....

There it goes... the 2008 is gone forever and I felt both sad and joy. Sad that time flew so fast and I am getting older ... and yes, joys to know that my children are growing up another year promising me with more excitement to look forward to.
I don't know whether I have achieved anything significant in 2008 but I am glad i have gone through it and I am sure i have learned a lesson or two. I have been surrounded by families and friends all these while and I am ever so grateful for the love and friendship.
I haven't made any plans for the new year ahead. I will certainly want to enjoy life more and worry less. Make my life useful to others, and understanding my children more. Be more dedicated towards my soul. In fact there is so much I want to improve and do that writing them down will be an endless task. Suffice to say that I hope to be a better me and a healthier me so that I can dedicate myself to my families and help others.
I have never been too aware of passing years until recently that I am reaching the ripe age (my age lah, whatever the figure is ;-). I thank God for everything that he has granted on me and I beg his forgiveness for all my negligence, my impatience and my seemingly ungrateful grunts and grumbles. I pray for my family health and happiness as well as for my parents' and siblings'.
School is starting next week and I will also be back to work. I will resume the hectic professional life during weekdays and will surrender myself to the loving demand of motherhood on weeknights and weekends, only that this year I will plan to do it better.
Happy New Year everybody especially to my loving husband and my lovely children.