Friday, January 23, 2009

First coming doctor in family

My niece called a couple of days ago excitedly told me she got an offer from Hobart Medical School, University of Tasmania, Australia. I am happy for her and so the rest of family because she so much wanted to go there. I hope she will study hard, smart and long hours, and willing to make sacrifices to achieve her ambitions and never forget what kampong she comes from. Well, I am in fact the first penjamin of her study loan and I think its going to be millions!!!!!

She will fly this middle of February and I hope she is matured enough to face life in another country and another culture.

This makes me remembering the times I arrived in London for my study ages ago (that long aah and still remember), wide eyed and so, so ignorant and slow. After being surrounded by lots of close friends and families at home, all of a sudden I was deserted in a foreign country, far away and cold, isolated, lonely and weather as gloomy and dark. It was so depressing for me. And I remembered the first couple of days in London in the midst of my confusion I lost my wallet and money at the tube station. Imagine that! Luckily I had travellers cheques in my baggage. At that time, credit cards were never heard by me. Well, those were the days.

Faizah, study hard, remember Wan and Atuk who brought you up, your parents sacrifice, and all your families.

<<Hobart.jpg>>