Friday, January 9, 2009

Visit to dear old friend

This afternoon I went to give a visit to my old friend at her home. She was my neighbour when I was living single and she lived one floor down with her husband and daughter. I got to know her for the first time when she and husband knocked on my door one evening because they heard loud noises which actually didnt come from my apartment.

Since then she and her family had been kind to me, always checking on me (I was hardly home due to work at that time) and she used to send me nice home cooked food whenever I was around. Sometimes a complete big tray of various dishes was delivered to me. What touched me about her was that when I was single and still damn hot (exaggerating and perasan) not many wives would introduce themselves and their husbands and befriend me, maybe afraid I would be flirting with their husbands but she seemed to overlook that. Instead both husband and wife had been nice and never once treated me unkindly or biasly. So when people who crossed my path and was so nice, overlooking suspicions that other women may have on me, I was touched and remembered that kindness forever.

I wanted to visit her and hadnt been able to do so for quite some time. On the other hand she had been to my house the couple of times I invited her and family when theres occasions.

Recently I got to know that she had just gone through an operation but had complication and is now suffering from another malady which occurred as a result of her treatment. And the doctor has not fixed the new problem. So yesterday I gave her a call to tell her I was coming today to visit her.

I got lost on the way there today, I thought I could remember all the bends and turns but somehow I got lost and luckily I managed to find somebody to point me the direction and finally arrived there in one piece.

At her home she was happy to receive me and I could see she was touched by my visit. We had a chat about her condition. Her daughter babbled excitedly to me non-stop.

We also had happy discussion about our children. She served me lunch ( I knew beforehand she would anyway so I came with empty tummy) and I ate unashamedly a lot (as usually the case when somebody else is cooking). After two and half hour there I had to sadly say goodbye as it was time for me to go back to work. I hope I would be able to visit her again.