Wednesday, January 7, 2009

How could I forget..?

Yesterday just before noon, in the middle of a meeting with my boss, all of a sudden my mind wandered to my kids, Did I take Fatini out from the car this morning at the school where I was supposed to drop my sleeping kids off? Suddenly my mind went blank and I couldnt remember.

I did remember taking Emir out of the car and passed him on to the child worker but for God sake I couldnt remember taking Fatini out.

My mind began to work hard trying to remember stepping back to the morning event minute by minute.

I began to get nervous and edgy but my boss was still talking to me unaware of my predicament.

Did I check my backseats before I left the car in the basement parking? No. It had been almost 4hours ago.

My, why cant I remember dropping her off??? Whats wrong with me??. I was going panic and started to think what if I left my daughter alone, sleeping in the car and not noticing it? God forbids!

Luckily the meeting ended then. Immediately I got hold of my handphone and called the school. I asked for Fatini. Yes, Fatini was at school. What a relief.

See how my mind is getting older I need to do things more slowly now to match my absent mindedness.