Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Horse ride and kite flying

Last weekend I went back to Melaka to spend the long weekend there. Actually it’s a dual purpose. To spend the long weekend and also come Wednesday when my husband and I were to come back to work in KL we are leaving the kids in Melaka. The child care is closed for a week as it is Chinese New Year. We decided that I will commute from Melaka to KL this week on daily basis. Considering it is a national school holiday week and CNY week, the traffic will be much lightened in Kuala Lumpur, so I decided that it would not be so bad. Its true enough. This morning I started leaving my moms house about 6.15 am and arrived KL before 7.30. After sending my husband to his office, I managed to arrive my office by 8 am.

I have a bad habit when I am at moms house. I am so hardworking at my own home, always moving, organizing and doing something but the minute I arrived at the kampong, I am a changed person. First I will feel sleepy and drowsy or better explained by lazy all the time. Secondly Ill feel hungry all the time and will always looking for food. Well, this is not the really me. I am a different person in between my moms house and my own home. I wonder why??? Is it anything to do with childhood???

We brought the kids to the zoo melaka on Monday. My, theres so many people, it’s like we have to take turns to see the animals. Really, its so packed! Fatini and Emir had a good time as usual, Emir was excited to see the animals. The Zoo is well maintained, the windy day made it a nice time for outing in the place. But the train was not free like in Zoo Negara, we didn’t buy the ticket so we didnt take the ride. However the entrance was so cheap, RM7 for adults and free for children below 5 yo. And there were discounts for school children too.

Fatini and Emir took a horse ride for the very first time. They enjoyed it and the ride (one round) is cheap at RM2 per person. All I can say Melaka Zoo is really children friendly (promote my own state, but really its true).

The next day we went to Pantai Klebang expecting to see the beach since we had not been there for ages since Fatini was small. To our surprise, the beach has disappeared. The place is under land reclamation. It is on going project but the water has disappeared. Its such a shame. Anyway there are still lots of people going there but doing another activity i.e. kites flying. There were so many kites in the sky. Fatini took the first attempt at kite flying and it was successful.

<<26012009053.jpg>> <<26012009054.jpg>> <<26012009055.jpg>> <<27012009056-1.jpg>> <<27012009057.jpg>>