Monday, July 6, 2009

The weekend

We had a good weekend. Saturday afternoon we went to the Garden to watch the current hot film the Transformers. I have seen the first one so I was looking forward to this one. We brought the kids and Emir was wearing the Transformer t-shirt. Because of the kids we bought the Gold class. It was my first time in the gold class at the cinema. I enjoyed the seat and it was so comfortable. I had quite a good time snuggling with Emir throughout the movie. Emir is still like a baby to me. Its so nice to hug him. The movie kept Emir interested the whole time. Fatini slept in Papa embrace after 5 minutes the movie started and woke up only when it ended. When I watched the first Transformer, I had an ache in the neck possibly due to the tension watching the fighting etc. this time I didnt have that pain because of the comfy seat. Emir was so besotted with the movie that back at home he was still playing pretending to be the Optimus and refused to let me become Optimus. Mommy is Bumblebee! he said.

That night my husband siblings and their families dropped by. They came from up north to send one of the kids to college. As always I love to have them around because they are such lovely and lively lot. Orang utara noh We chit chatted until well over midnight and the kids were happy to see their cousins too. As they announced quite late that they were coming, I didnt prepare anything but ordered foods from the café nearby. Hahaha Im so lucky that we have a café behind the house. Guests to my house will always have food no matter what!

On Sunday, as usual we went to the swimming pool and let the kids splash in the water. I went to the gym just nearby trying to burn calories while waiting for them. Sweat a bit and felt quite happy about my little exercise.

Sunday night normally stresses me knowing the next morning I have to get up early to prepare to go to work. So this morning I was really dragging myself. I really hate Monday morning or weekday mornings actually for that matter! And I always came in late to work on these Mondays.

On the more somber note, my nephew Hakeem was in the hospital for minor infection and as per last night hes still there as he had to finish the antibiotic course. Expected to discharge today. I had told Fatini about Hakeem being hospitalized last week and from time to time kept asking me whether Hakeem has gone home already. My husband had gone last week to see him and he was okay. We decided not to bring the kids to the hospital because of current pandemic situation. Hakeem, hope you will be patient until you get out of the hospital today, ok!