Friday, July 17, 2009

School, kids and others

Hahaha. Im so happy. Yesterday, totally unplanned, I bought a digital camera. Not really unplanned as I have been thinking about it, it's just I didn't think it would be yesterday. (Im really not sure whether Id been conned on the price, I’m not normally a smart buyer. And since the shop wanted to charge me extra if I use credit card, I paid cash. Another mistake!)

But its been a while without me having a proper one since that fateful day when Emir dropped my RM1700 camera and stuck the zoom. Since then I didnt have any. Instead I thought it was smart to combine a handphone with a camera and had bought my Nokia instead which has 5 MP camera. But now I want better quality pictures (my new one has 12 MP). And on top of the handphone I had bought a videocam which I regretted after because the battery life was so short. (Seems that Im very good at wasting money!,)

Actually I have lots other reasons why I should buy a new one. My kids school projects, the holidays coming, my growing up children, etc etc. Lots of reasons.

Look like Id be posting more pictures now. Not yet anyway, since I just fully charged it last night. This month its been shopping, shopping and shopping for me. The sales started everywhere and what else can I do during my lunch hour? The option is eat or shopping. I did both. So next month it will be a painful one for me when the credit card bill arrive.

Fatini has started her Taekwondo just after my posting on Emirs last time. She wanted to do it. So both of them have been going to the same Taekwondo class twice a week and already have the uniform and white belts. So far they have enjoyed the class and never complain.

I have been busy checking private school for Fatini. I have actually registered her to the SRJKC because she wanted to do Mandarin at Chinese school, but thinking about long term planning and everything that going on now, I plan to send her to private school instead. It will be more convenient for me anyway since Id be at work in KL the whole day. So I need a good, comfortable and a secure place for my children. Anyway Fatini and Emir are still doing the daily mandarin classes in the afternoon and I hope will continue.

Emir has made a major milestone. He has started reading three letter words. His phonic recognition is excellent. Mommy is so proud of you, Emir. Before this, Emir read a lot of books at a speed of 10 books within 15 minutes, Yes, 10 books! But by just looking at pictures and making up stories based on his imagination. He seems to enjoy reading which I hope its true. As for his pelatness, its improving a lot now!

As for Fatini, she has now become a fluent reader suitable for her age and can read books by herself. She can read English, Malay and Mandarin. Her Mandarin teacher really have good words for her. She said if you cover Fatini's face and ask her to speak Mandarin, people will think she's chinese from her pronounciation. Good job sayang.