Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The cute boy singing

Emir took a stool, put on the hat he made in the art&craft class, took the guitar and began strumming and singing with earnestness that he possesses. (look at the way he hold the guitar hahaha). He looked so adorable (to me) that I quickly grabbed the camera and took shots.

Actually Emir sings all the time, in the car, in school, in the house, while doing his work... I can see he enjoys singing tremendously and musics seem to be next to natural to him. He sings english songs and chinese songs he learned at school, on the player and on TV. He appreciate musics. Lately I have been looking for the CD from his musicgarten class which I had misplaced (or Fatini had misplaced) so that I can play it on the player. I still haven't gotten around to do this searching thoroughly so I still haven't found it

Emir started attending musicgarten since he was 2 1/2 years old and Fatini since she was 4 years old. This class is prerequisite for them before taking any musical instrument. They learn to appreciate instruments, musics, rythms, tones etc. Fatini is at the stage where she will start on the keyboard next week. However Emir is the one who I can see more musically inclined and seems to have remarkable enjoyment in musics and songs.

I believe musics is essential for children in their early years brain development. I can't explain it but maybe the experts can. As for me, I'd like to sing and play but it's all in my head as far as I can do. I don't have any talents nor the voice nor the tunes inbuilt in me.