Friday, July 3, 2009

Kid's behaviour

These days I always reminded my children to listen to teachers and always respect them. This came about because a teacher had complained about Fatini's behaviour to me. "She was a good girl," she said, "but she could be stubborn sometimes." I knew my little girl, she could be so difficult and when she is in that mode I really have to go about it to mellow her or alternatively overpower her obstinacy with my anger.
So i told my kids, " Mommy pay the teachers to take care of you during the days when I go to work. So you must listen and respect the teachers always, remember that!"
Emir quickly jumped in" I always listen mommy!" Yes Emir, you always said that. but at least you understand what I meant. And Fatini promised me that she will always listen to her teachers.
The other day, while I was downstairs, Emir got himself a pen and had scribbled his tummy. When I got upstairs, immediately he tried so hard to cover his tummy with his shirt and gave me that cheeky naughty laughs and giggles. I just knew it that he had done something he shouldn't. When I managed to uncover his tummy, whoa! the whole tummy was scribbled with black pen. I didn't bother to wash it that night so he went to sleep with it.
In the morning he was crying and refused to go into the car. So I thought, what the hell wrong because he's not like this before, never! He was crying out something which I thought he said he wanted to watch teletubbies. But I forced him to get into the car because I didn't want to be late. And he was crying. When his papa came down, he said, Emir said he wanted to wash his tummy first. Ohhh... I thought he said he wanted to watch teletubbies first. Tulah.. pelat sangat! Sorry Emir.... So I washed his tummy (luckily the ink came out quite easily with soap and cloth) and he happily got into the car after that.