Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Vanity keeps me alive

My genius conversation with hubby. Every time it crops up along this line.

Conversation 1

Me: I think I'm so fat now. What do you think? Am I looking fat to you? (me in front of the mirror in my new clothe)

DH: No...you're just fine ! (Lazy answer from him without looking)

Me: Come on. Look at me and tell me the truth(me scrutinizing my form)

DH: I like you the way you are (still not looking at me properly)

Me: Dont say that! Just tell me the truth okay!

DH: Well, if you lose that flab a bit, it would be nicer

Me: Flab....? What flab? I dont see any flab. (Now me twirling around really looking for those flabs he mentioned)

DH: Okay, No flab, you are just fine.

Me: Come on tell me the truth.!!!! Am I fat or not?

Conversation 2

Me: Do you think Im beautiful? (while checking my wrinkles and pores in the mirror)

DH: I dont know

Me: What do you mean byI dont know? You must have some opinion

DH: I think you are just okay

Me: What do you mean by just okay. I cant be just okay to you..I'm your wife!

DH: Yes, you are beautiful, otherwise I wont marry you (what a standard answer coming from him!)

Me: Why do you say that Im beautiful, which part? (unbelieving but still want to probe further)

DH: Well, maybe your nose

Me: What! My nose A nose cannot make someone beautiful. Come on why do you say Im beautiful

DH: I dont know, you nose, your mouth, overall maybe

Me: How can you say that? Its illogical! Tell me truthfully, am I beautiful or not?

Haha, never get satisfactory answers until now. Ill ask the questions again next time around.