Monday, March 30, 2009

Quality time

The Saturday started with the usual Speech & Drama class for the kids which started on a new term after a break last weekend. Fatini and Emir look forward to come to the class, I could say I also look forward to send them every Saturday. Because I could see how they liked the class and how it benefited them. I will let them continue with this class as long as they want to. The class started early so I had to leave home before 9 am, so it was a hectic morning for me trying to finish the cooking, packing and getting the children shower and ready in the car.

As Fatini class started first I brought Emir to the book shop again because I was looking for a book. The book was not there. However Emir picked a Mickey Mouse book before we left. We then returned to the S&D center.

When Fatini finished her class, and she saw the Mickey Mouse book. She asked me where did Emir get the book from? I know what’s on her mind. Did mommy buy the book for Emir and didnt buy any for her. So I said hesitantly, maybe from the bookroom at home. And she said, I never saw it before. So to avoid from answering her further I asked her to ask Emir directly hoping Emir would save me. And Emir said innocently, from the shop. And came the expected question from Fatini, why mommy didnt get a Mickey mouse book for me? And I said, because the Mickey Mouse book was for baby only. And Emir interrupted, Im not a baby. So Fatini was slightly upset but I managed to deviate her mind to something else by asking her to spend her time in the book room with her friends.

I like the center there. The pay was more expensive than other places that offer the same class. However the center has spacious lounge for parents to sit around and wait for the children and also places where other waiting children can play or spend time in the book room. Normally I would just sit on the floor with my packed lunch, milk and porridge brought from home. You can say its like a picnic where I sat with the packed food around me.

Back at home in the afternoon, we just spent lounging upstairs in the family area. I didnt want to go anywhere since last week we already spent the weekend away from home. I like to spend time with the kids at home and spare time to help them with the reading and writing which they interspersed with watching TV and playing toys. I could spend hours and hours with them like that. Weeknights doesnt allow me to spend enough quality time as I would be normally busy with washing and cooking and on other weekends we would be either balik kampong or spend weekend elsewhere. So a weekend spent at home is a luxury quality time for me and the kids.

Anyway I also had the children clothes to iron and managed to finish that too.

At night my husband took us to Victoria Station in Damansara. Fatini had broccoli soup and fish & chips. Emir ate the rice porridge I packed from home (I packed it because before we went out he was asking for the porridge). Emir also had mushroom soup and bread and veges. He loves bread and ate lots of it. This time we didnt seem to waste too much food.

On Sunday morning, we went to the Sunday market for brunch and had our favourite meehoon soup. Then the rest of the afternoon, I spent it at home with the kids again basking in the luxury of time spent together. In the evening we brought the kids to the swimming pool.

The kids retired to bed early last night before 9 pm and therefore I had the chance to watch my favourite CSI from start to finish at last!