Wednesday, March 18, 2009

interpreter

Recently Emir didnt do his mengaji properly. He played during the Muqaddam class. Ustaz said he could read very well but recently has been playful. Fatini always complain that there is less and less hair left on her head now because Emir has been pulling her hair a lot. Last weekend he cried like I never saw him cry before with tears and complete with hiccups because papa had scolded him for hitting Fatini. Emir my son is still in his terrible 3 stage. What didnt he do??? He throws food, books and toys. He made a mess everywhere. He pushed and pulled. He climbed and jumped on you and every where. He tumbled and crawled into anything. He did whatever you said dont do. Now Im like do whatever you like as long as you dont hurt yourself or others.

But he surprised me so often. This morning one of his teachers had a chat with me on Emir. She seemed to speak so fondly of him. And she told me what? According to her Emir is so intelligent and he loves reading and always asked the teachers to do some activities with him. Weekly report from school has always been good about him. Very attentive, participates well in activities. Even the Saturday S&D teachers like him.

For me, I think what Emir want to do exceed his physical capabilities at his age and that sometimes drives him frustrated and make him a bit naughty. For example he loves looking at books but couldnt read. He asked me to read for him and then memorize the story. He speaks a lot but people cannot understand him because of the pelat. I found that he feels so frustrated about this a lot. Sometimes Fatini becomes my interpreter for him. But sometimes even Fatini couldnt get what he said. Like when he said to me he wanted taya-an-byed this morning and I asked Fatini what did emir want and Fatini said TA YA and BE YED pronouncing it exactly like Emir only clearer and louder and I said to Fatini, what does it mean? And Fatini said KAYA and BREAD!! Oh, ok this interpreter interprets twice once in native language and another one in English.