Tuesday, March 24, 2009

When I say sorry

Fatini was crying all day long at school yesterday. It was my fault. At the beginning of the school holiday the teacher gave me all the school books to carry home for me to see. Fatini had reminded me to bring back the books to school on Sunday. I remembered that, I made sure I put the books in the car first thing in the morning. But at school when I dropped them off I forgot to take the school books out from the car. I only realized it when I arrived at the office and opened the boot and saw that the books were there. I hated myself for forgetting something thats important for Fatini and thought of sending the books maybe a bit later. But in the midst of my business at work, I forgot and thought later it should be okay.

The teacher told me Fatini cried all day long. Especially when each subject was started, she cried. Actually when I picked her up after work her eyes were still red from crying. That means she just cried again. In the car she cried some more. I said sorry to her. I could imagine how she felt. She couldnt do what others do. Maybe she felt lost. She had been studying and revising her school work during the holiday. I never asked her to do that but shes the kind who likes to do her works. Its not difficult for me at all to ask her to read or do some work. Sometimes she kept on bothering me to teach her spelling or maths and I had other things to do like my housework. I think shes a little bit like me when I was small. Sometimes when I looked at her sitting straight up in her chair writing something earnestly at her study table at home in front of the tele without really watching the tele, I felt pride. Shes doing what she loves to do and she thinks its just part of her life, not really work. I dont think I should worry about her getting bored sooner. In this world learning is never ending , theres always something new to learn as she grows. And we as parents just have to provide the opportunities and materials and make it easy for them. I hope she will continue with this good attitude.

As a lesson, I told Fatini that next time she must carry the books to school herself and cannot rely on mommy or other people because other people would forget.