Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Journey up north

Last Friday, when I picked the kids from the day care, Fatini told me, Mommy, Monday is a holiday, so we have to go somewhere. I smiled to myself when I heard this. Fatini has now learned to associate holiday with going somewhere. Only days before she had been asking us to take her to Hong Kong Disneyland. I mean Hong Kong!!! Kids are so clever nowadays and so much more daring than we used to be. I couldnt imagine telling my parents that when I was small. Anyway, lucky for Fatini we had already planned to go back to Kedah my husband home town taking advantage of the long 3 day weekend. The kids were excited when I told them we were going to see Tok and TokWan.

We started Saturday afternoon after the kids S&D classes. It was raining the whole journey up north. So it was a longer journey than usual and a colder one too. Luckily the kids occupied themselves well, watching the VCD in the car which my hubby had installed in his new car specifically for the kids. Apart from that they would read the story books I brought or they would play amongst themselves. Emir when bored alternated between sitting in his car seat at the back and my lap and warm embrace at the front. Fatini being more disciplined sat strapped in her car seat the whole journey. She was and is always a good passenger. She would be remained seated until asked to unbuckle. Good for you, sayang!

When we arrived Sg Petani we stopped there first for nasi kandar at the Sg Petani Pelita. This was like a routine stop. Every time we go back to North we will stop at this restaurant Nasi Kandar. I am not sure whether it tasted any different from one in KL but this is UTARA nasi kandar so it should taste accordingly I guess.

Over at the home town we did nothing unusual. We came to visit my parents in law so basically just chit chatting and spent time with them. They were happy to see the kids and amazed at how tall Emir has grown to at his age. Fatini and Emir were always so excited to be there. They played with the swings and the bicycle. Emir was amazed with the sound of the roosters cuckooing and the hens cluckling. On Monday we returned to KL.

<<08032009767-1.jpg>> <<08032009769-1.jpg>>

.