Friday, March 13, 2009

Week gone by

My week had gone by quite fast and also maybe because of the 4 day week. On Wednesday, something happened. On the way to pick up my kids, I decided to stop at the gas station for a fill up before I get the kids. Im quite wary of filling up petrol with the kids in the car, especially after hearing so many horror stories about robberies at gas stations. As I left the station, all of a sudden I heard loud noises following me. I suspected my tire was flat because this happened to me before and I recognized the sound. I kept on driving to the daycare which was about a km away and there upon checking confirmed I had a flat tire. Luckily it happened quite closed to the daycare. I suspected that somebody left something sharp at the gas station there because before that I saw somebody was checking a bonnet of a bus there. How irresponsible! All my tires were just changed a few months back. I called AAM and waited for the guy to come change the tire. And luckily this time the AAM guy came quite on time despite the rain.

Yesterday afternoon my husband called me whether I was coming to a dinner arranged for his company management team. Well I didnt plan to go because of the kids and so I didnt prepare or arrange for any baby-sit. From the way hubby talked, seemed like hed liked me to go, so not wanting to disappoint or reflect any bad image on him, I called the daycare and asked the principal whether she can extend her child care service until night on a very short notice. Being flexible she agreed, no problem (she did this before when I was caught in the massive traffic jam a couple of weeks ago due to flash flood and only manage to pick up my kids at 10 pm!). So I went home and got ready for the little function. At home, it was so quiet without the kids around. I have about an hour so to kill and when usually I was rushing mad with things to do, I was left with basically nothing to do because the kids were not around. I began to miss their presence.

As for the dinner, we arrive at 8 pm and I thought luckily I came as other wives attended too. They were mostly European expatriates so its like dine and wine and for me dine and coke (didnt quite rhyme). We left the function early at after 10pm and I saw a message on my handphone that the kids were already asleep. We went to pick up the kids. Fatini continued sleeping undisturbed and Emir woke up to see us and went back to sleep.

This morning in the car I asked Fatini what she did last night and she told me. Then she said next time she wanted to spend the night at her aunties (principal) place. Wahwont you miss mommy, Fatini?