Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Unscrupulous maid agency

<<080620081356.jpg>> <<120520081153.jpg>> <<300520081308.jpg>>

Today, I am pouring out. Some readers may find my words offensive, so please excuse me and stop reading if you dont like it.

See my earlier post With All My Heart: Turning a blind eye. After posting that write up, I had been planning to send the maid home after HariRaya. The Ramadhan and HariRaya week had been a busy one. I told the maid so but the said maid left the house one good morning almost 2 weeks ago.

Actually I am really pissed about the runaway maid and the associated agency. This is one weird agency who I think acted stupidly and irresponsibly. This agency sms us saying the maid arrived at the agency at 9 am on Friday morning 10th October 22, 2008. This agency Ilham Tenaga Sdn Bhd is at Sri Gombak Batu Caves claimed my maid arrived by Taxi from my house.

They arrogantly asked us to come forward to the office urgently, pay up the agency all the maids salary and return the passport to them immediately. What! What!

What a nerve..?

First of all its such so an unbelievable story that there is a taxi near my house which is located at a golf resort in Shah Alam/Klang area, have 3 gates of security guard along the 4-5 km private stretch to arrive at the public road. And to get a taxi from that area so easily?  Hardly. And even if she is so damn lucky to stop a taxi, would the taxi driver agree to redah the traffic of morning rush hour of Friday morning to the other side of Selangor at Gombak to arrive at 9 am at the agency? How much did she pay to the taxi driver? Paid by sex? Unlikely since she is about 40 years old and the tiang talipon is more attractive. Unbelievable!!!

I had bad experience with this agency before when they supplied us unfit maid (I refused this maid as replacement in the beginning but they managed to get my husband to pay them extra money ) so this time I ignored the sms, yalah, they are not the authority, apasal urgent sangat!. What do they get for this? Well we think they want to recycle this maid, take the money and send the maid to another employer and get more money. They will be the one who will gain the maximum benefit out of all this. And what a nerve to think well come running like a chicken to tend to their needs? Well, I thought let them suffer for a while. My maid is hyper and need to eat a lot of rice all day. Let the agency feed her hoping for our money.

After 10 days they sent an email, cc to me the wifey, claiming the maid had been kicked on the back and physically abused by ME!!!! Sedihnya ..tak de class ke aku ni  Ini dah melampaui batas2 dunia. Ini mesti nak jadi famous macam Nirmala Bonat ni.. After staying with me for almost 2 years! So they said we should settle this amicably that is by paying money and give the passport lah. They said theres no need to involve the authorities. Hah! Wrong person to deal with! CelaXX!!!! If abuse is the case, and the maid is intelligent enough to get a taxi, why return to the agency, why not to the Indonesian embassy which is nearer in KL or to the police station which just around my area? I challenged them to make a police report and to send her to the hospital, do medical check-up. I am not scared if she asked her friends to kick her to prove her words since we in Malaysia also have CSI (my favourite show on TV).  But I still told the agency about the money that been sent home, the hitting of my kids and luckily I have lots of photos of her around the house looking fit and healthy with big bum and in front of the TV lazying around. And I cced the Jabatan Hal Ehwal Pengguna. Actually all the photos are snapshots courtesy of Emir who likes to snap anything when he got hold of my handphone. Thank you Emir!! This agency was again mad that I cced the Consumer tribunal and took the side of the maid (as if they know the maid intimately) and defended the work performance of the maid ! (mana dia orang tahu, ada bagi training ke????) They proceeded with more threats. So we terminated the maids permit and passport after consulting the immigration department. The agency was so mad after we told them and send us threatening emails to report here and there.

Well go ahead. You do your part and well do ours.  First of all if the agency had come politely , make an appointment with us to discuss the maid complain and showed interest to find the truth I would have cooperated more to find the best solution. Also had they shown interest to discuss the impact on us the consumer when a maid runaway or as a result of not complying to the contract.  Who takes care of our children and so on. I believe that the agency has been in contact with our maid or communicated in some ways that she is to return to the agency. We believe the agency has no interest in the maid just an opportunity to make more money. This particular agency is like a human trafficker except it is a registered one. Sorry Ilham Tenaga, how many people have you conned before, you have disturbed the wrong water now.

Lessons to be learned from all this, whenever a maid run away, you know or you dont know her location, we must make a police report. Nobody should tell us that we should not do that!