Thursday, October 9, 2008

It's no more holiday !

So I am back at work now, back to routine. I had taken the whole week off. What a break that was! The lower back pain I complaint about surprisingly is completely gone. In fact I forgot all about it. Not even a twinge felt now. I guess it was caused by the stress at work and perhaps the daily driving to and from work. All I needed was a break. Before I had tortured myself with thoughts of 1001 chronic illnesses that may have caused the pain. I even suffered some morbid thoughts. Now its gone just like that!

(well, just let you know, this morning when I woke up I felt pain in another spot, which is my right upper back, must be because I am back to work)

The holiday was a great time for me. I have always cherished these kinds of little break because it means I spent every minute of the whole week with my kids and husband. Not really attending them 100% of the time but having them around near me 100% of the time! That never happened during other times when we met up only at night and that is for a couple of hours only before we went for slumber. I also enjoyed the time spent with my in-laws. They are great people, I have been so lucky. (Ni in case diaorang baca la nihe he )

Actually I was supposed to be in the office on Monday. That was the plan. But we started the journey back home a few hours late. We arrived home at 2.30 am on Monday so by the time I was to get ready to work I was still too sleepy to even force myself up. I felt so terrible having to wake up. I continued sleeping thinking maybe I just woke up late that day and went to the office later than usual. It was the first day back to work so people should be most forgiving if I were late. But after I forced myself up and started cleaning the house and cooking for my kids, and later when the children woke up, time just flew by I didnt realize Monday was ending. So Monday was spent totally at home.

Later on Monday evening, my mother and sisters family dropped by before they went back  to Melaka. They were in KL sending my niece back to college. My children were excited when they came, Emir as usual started being funny. Unlucky for him, in his excitement he knocked on the dining table edge while trying to pick up a ball from under the table. Due to his energy it was quite a hard thud. Poor my Emir, he was crying so hard due to the pain. My heart went out to him. It left him a swollen and blue black eye. It got me worried for a while. He also scratched himself bad on the legs because of itchiness due to some tickly insect bites he got from kampong. So he had all these little lesions here and there on which I put some Gamat oil to heal.

So Tuesday I had to start work. It was so depressing having to wake up early and go to work again. Holiday was really over. Anyway when I got back to work, the socializing with friends also started. It was not bad but for every lunch there was a get together I am beginning to worry about putting on the weight back. Please no more .I got a new diet plan now which I am trying starting now. Nothing extreme. Just reorganizing what to eat.  Now its Thursday and this weekend I am going back to Melaka.