Monday, June 30, 2008

For every cloud has a silver lining

Today was the first day I sent Emir & Fatini to the new day care centre. I sent Emir in the morning while Fatini in the afternoon after school.
I am very proud to announce they were very good. Emir cried a little bit, feeling scared as expected but not so bad at all. He was asking for "tatak" which is actually "kakak".
I spent a little bit of time briefing the daycare owner on Emir medical conditions. She seems like a nice person and really have experienced with kids. I received a msg afterwards that my son was doing alright.

Later in the afternoon I picked up Fatini from her kindergarten. I told her that she's going to Emir's new school and she is to attend the Mandarin and music classes in the afternoon. She seems to be talking all the time nowadays and was talking non-stop all the way to the daycare. She was in a very good mood. She told me she likes the kindergarten now ( she used to tell me she didn't before) and told me she will take care of Emir at the new daycare. She told me she's a big girl already. It amazes me how she can speak and talk very well to me.
When we arrived there I just dropped her off after having brief words with the woman who was expecting her. When I told Fatini I was leaving she didn't cry at all. She showed me that she's very brave. She has really matured and i think she has learned to please me. And I am so proud of her. I was expecting her to give me a hard time but i was totally wrong.
I really hope I have made the right choice for them. I have surveyed a few places and have been evaluating the suitability of the environment as well as the activities available that are fit for them. I hope they will be happy there while I'm at work.