Friday, June 20, 2008

Mothering worries


Today I have been like half mad, half mad about the complaints made against my 2 1/2 year old son. They said he hit another child ( this particular one is 5 1/2 year old) in front of his minder. First of all, I notice they never told me anymore when my children get hit or bitten at school. I only know a couple of days later if it happens that I change my children's clothes instead of my helper. Secondly, do they expect my son to be smart enough to hit when he's not seen. He's only two year old !!! Thridly they kept on telling me about incidences involving my son's " naughtiness", what do they expect me to do???? I presume they want me to take some action, so fine, I will teke some action sicne they cannot handle him.
Firstly I feel that I have to protect my kids from this kind of behaviour by removing him from the surrounding that may be the cause that incites this behaviour. This I found logical.
Secondly i don't like the label they put on my son. "NAUGHTY". Please no labelling. I hate that.
Actually I feel sad. I left Emir at 1 month + old with them when I returned to work and now he's two and half year old. he's raised by them basically since i work 360 days a year, i know that's terrible but i need the money.
So I really don't like to remove him from a surrounding that he's familiar with. I am really concerned about this issue. And most of all I cannot see this kind of behaviour coming from him at home. To me basically he's a darling, jovial, playful and is always laughing ever since he was a baby. He likes to hug me and joking around, and likes to have body contact with me. He gets on well with my 4 year old daughter except for occasional siblings fights.

It's difficult for me and i can sense that it is difficult for him. If I could feel 100% of what he feels.

I don't want to overlook any of his negative behaviour and at the same time I don't want my child to be a victim of other people's perception.