Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Finally done MyKad

I have not changed my IC to MyKad and decided to do it first thing Monday morning. Anyway i only managed to leave and arrived at Maju Junction at 10.30. I took a taxi since i really didn't know how to get there. Anyway I managed to find the JPN located on the 6th floor. When I arrived there were already a lot of people there and I took a number which showed there were about 50+ people ahead of me who hadn't been served yet. Surpirisingly I didn't have to wait as long as I expected, after 20 minutes my number was called and it was an easy process. I had to pay $10 for the fee.
Then I had to wait for my turn for the ID photograph which was about 25 minutes waiting time and as soon as my picture was taken, a temporary ID was issued to me.
All in all the time spent about 1 hour which was not that bad.
I think I have to wait 10 days or so to know when is myKad will be ready. I am proud of myself for getting this chore done since i have been procrastinated it so long.