Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The preparation

As previously mentioned, last Saturday I had the dinner function. In my company this is something we look forward to. Especially the women like me who hardly go out for any party. Well, it’s also the only time we get to dress up, makeup and show off. Weeks before the function we would discuss and ask each other what are we going to wear etc etc. Some of us will go to great length to have professional make up and hair do.
What about me? This was my preparation.

Starting the Saturday afternoon I started to get nervous. After putting the kids to sleep, I went to the shop nearby. I brought with me Christina Aguilera picture and showed the hair dresser I want hair like that. He he he. Just tried my luck, maybe I’ll get hair like that. One hour later I came out of the shop with my hair looking like anything but Aguilera’s hair . But still okay la tu. Somebody remarked later like Marilyn Monroe’s hair. Betul ke mata dia orang ni?
Then I came home. Fatini was awake and Emir was still sleeping. I’m supposed to put on make up by myself. I thought rather than have somebody paint my face paying RM150 I’ll do it myself. After assembling all my make up items old and new, I started to work on my face. I really am not good at makeup and I hardly wear make up to work except for a little bit of eye liner and lipstick.
However I have had professional make up done before so I think I know how to do it.

It’s not easy though with Fatini by my side, asking me, why are you putting this, why are you putting that? What is this, what is that? Oh my God, give me some peace, I prayed. To make it worse, all of a sudden I heard Emir woke up and cried, MOMMY MOMMY! I WANT MOMMY!
Failed to calm him down my husband brought him to me and I left my task to soothe him. After which, Emir joined Fatini to satisfy their curiosity as what was I been doing. Touching everything and refused to give me some of the items I need. It was a war trying to finish my makeup.
However finally by God’s grace I was done. I put on my dress and shoes to see the result. Emir said, your dress is beautiful. Thank you Emir. Fatini said, No ! it's not beautiful. Thank you Fatini. It was now almost time to go. My husband who on last minute had decided to go then got ready and came down. Emir upon seeing his daddy said, Papa, your shirt is beautiful! His papa was pleased. Emir is a real gentleman. On the way we dropped the kids at their cousins’ house. Fortunately Emir and Fatini understood I had to go to “work” and did not give any problem whatsoever.

Pictures? Hmm. Maybe later.